Dr. RYAN HoslerChiropractic Physician
DR. RYAN HOSLER
Chiropractor & Strength Coach
I am a husband, fur-dad, life-long student, and forever skeptic. I have a passion for all things related to human movement and strength training. You will find me at the gym lifting heavy things, learning new skills or lifts, or talking about movement. When not in the gym, you will find me outdoors staying active or at the beach soaking up some sun. By training, I am a strength coach and chiropractor. I have a passion for helping people move better and becoming stronger and pain-free. I am forever learning and studying to be the best clinician and strength coach I can become. Since opening Movement Upgraded, I have had the opportunity to work with all sorts of athletes, from CrossFitters and Olympic weightlifters, to baseball and football players. I have also been involved with EXOS and the NFL Player’s Association, providing former NFL players with rehab care and strength training.
I grew up as a very active child, always outdoors playing and being adventurous. I played various sports growing up: baseball, basketball, football, and track & field. Baseball was my main focus, playing for both my high school team as well as a travel team. During my senior year of high school, I developed low back pain and shoulder pain from playing baseball. After consulting with an orthopedic surgeon for my shoulder pain and being told I need surgery, I thankfully found a sports chiropractor that could help instead. This chiropractor helped put me on the right path to rehab not only my shoulder, but also my low back. This conservative and non-invasive approach to rehab and strength training interested me. I studied Exercise Science throughout my undergraduate studies at Indiana University Indianapolis and began learning more about the human body in my free time. I decided chiropractic was the right path for me to follow after my undergraduate studies. Throughout chiropractic school, I continued strength training and even played around with CrossFit for a few years. I am still so fascinated by the human body and what it is capable of. Thankfully, my wife Jen shares these same interests and passions. We were inspired to create Movement Upgraded not only as a chiropractic and physical therapy clinic, but as an online resource. Our goal is to help as many people as we can move better and become pain-free.
- Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine – National University of Health Sciences, Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology (with an emphasis in Exercise Science) – Indiana University Indianapolis
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) Exercise 1 & 2
- McGill 1 & 2
- Building the Ultimate Back: From Rehabilitation to High Performance
- Converging on a Precise Diagnosis: The Three Hour Assessment
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Level 1 & 2
- Rocktape – Fascial Movement Taping (FMT) Level I & II
- Rehab 2 Performance: Mastering the Clinical Audit Process with Dr. Justin Dean
- The Movement Fix workshop with Dr. Ryan DeBell
- Perform Better’s 3-Day Functional Training Summit: June 2015 (Chicago), June 2016 (Orlando)
Favorite Exercise: Kettlebell Swing 3 Favorite Foods: Young’s BBQ Burger (from The Pub in Tampa), chicken wings, pizza Favorite Quote: “If you don’t build your own dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs.” –Tony Gaskins Jr.