Dr. JEN HOSLERPhysical Therapist & Strength Coach
DR. JEN HOSLER
Physical Therapist & Strength Coach
I am a wife, dog-mom, kettlebell-loving, beach bum. I love all things related to fitness and exercise – except running anything more than short sprints. I love learning new skills at the gym and being active outside. If I’m not soaking up sun, getting my sweat on, or reading a book, I am probably indulging with a glass of wine or a juicy burger. I never match my socks, and I own an extensive collection of colorful sunglasses.
Formally, I am a strength coach and physical therapist. I have extensive knowledge (thanks to my obsession with learning) in human movement and health, and I utilize this knowledge to empower others to take charge of their health and lives.
With a background as an athlete – gymnastics, soccer, cheerleading, basketball, volleyball, and softball – I have always had a passion for fitness and health.
After two knee surgeries in high school and many grueling hours of rehab, I felt drawn to a career in physical therapy. Throughout my undergraduate studies of exercise science, I began learning about the human body – which is absolutely fascinating! Around this time I also began weightlifting and dabbled with CrossFit on and off for a few years.
Once I entered this fitness and health world, there was no turning back. I began reading every blog post or article I could to build upon the foundational knowledge I was getting through school. I couldn’t – and still can’t- get enough. This continued throughout the remainder of my entire education (three grueling years of physical therapy school).
I have since graduated, and utilize all of this information to help people learn more about their bodies and how they are moving. I love watching people get stronger and feel more comfortable in their bodies. Strength is magical.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – University of South Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology (with an emphasis in Exercise Science) – Indiana University Indianapolis
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) Exercise 1 & 2
- McGill 1 & 2
- Building the Ultimate Back: From Rehabilitation to High Performance
- Converging on a Precise Diagnosis: The Three Hour Assessment
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Level 1 & 2
- Rocktape – Fascial Movement Taping (FMT) Level I & II
- Rehab 2 Performance: Mastering the Clinical Audit Process with Dr. Justin Dean
- The Movement Fix workshop with Dr. Ryan DeBell
- Perform Better’s 3-Day Functional Training Summit: June 2015 (Chicago), June 2016 (Orlando)